Monthly Archives: May 2011
1 June 2011
For Immediate Release
CAR PARTY – High & Low Places
– High & Low Places to be released on vinyl through Persistent Heart Media Fall 2011
– To be released on CD 8.03.11 by the band
– Engineered, Mixed and Produced by Ace Enders
– Recorded in Hammonton, NJ at The Living Room Recording Studio
– Mastered by Greg Parker at Amped Studio
– Album Artwork by Andrea Rossi
For their sophomore release, Car Party have partnered back up with Ace Enders (The Early November, I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody’s Business), the same man who recorded their 2011 single, “Please Me”. The band’s last effort, Excuses, was self released late 2010 (not even a year after the formation of Car Party) and received great reviews from press and fans alike. High & Low Places will be put out digitally and on CD by the band August 3rd, 2011. Persistent Heart Media will also announce a pre-order during this time for the vinyl release later in Fall.
1. Please Me (Feat. Ace Enders)
2. Forever Family
3. Dear Son
Go “like” Car Party here: www.facebook.com/carparty
The PHM Publicity roster has added A Crush On Yesterday, an acoustic/ambient project by Christopher Wieduwilt (who currently resides in London, UK).
The roster now includes Breather, Car Party, Vices, and A Crush On Yesterday.
You can download Christopher’s latest release for free or donation here: www.acrushonyesterday.bandcamp.com
“Like” ACOY here: www.facebook.com/acrushonyesterday
All month, Breather has been hard at work in the studio recording their debut EP. Though the band has not released any demos online, they’ve been playing shows here and there to gather some local followers. They may not sound like much at the moment, but this is definitely a band you want to watch! We have heard some of the recording done and it’s amazing.
Breather play a post-hardcore sound with some groovy ambience. Think of a cross between Tides Of Man and Oceana. “Like” them on Facebook today to follow their updates: www.facebook.com/breatherband
The band will soon release a song from their debut, so get excited! They are currently finishing up guitar recording and then moving onto vocal work.
24 May 2011
For Immediate Release
THIS IS A NEED TO KNOW BASIS – Compilation [Various Artists]
– This Is A Need To Know Basis to be released on Persistent Heart Media on 6/21/11
– Available for streaming and free download on day of release
This Is A Need To Know Basis will be the first album to come from Persistent Heart Media. It will be a purely digital release up for free streaming and downloading on multiple web sites upon release in late June. This compilation marks the first of one to come every quarter. Featuring both signed and unsigned artists, This Is A Need To Know Basis will surely gain new fans for every artists appearing. On it, you will hear rock, alternative, screamo, punk, metal, and a variety of other genres. Some of these artists will also see physical releases from PHM later this year.
Persistent Heart Media would like to give a special thanks to all the great independent/unsigned bands appearing on this compilation. Don’t forget to keep it real and close to the heart!
We would also like to give a huge thank you to the record labels that were kind enough to participate: Paper And Plastick Records, Gas Can Music, Indianola Records, Fiasco Records, Black Numbers.
This Is A Need To Know Basis
1. JUNIOR BATTLES – “Seventeen” (from the album, Idle Ages / Appears courtesy of Paper And Plastick Records)
2. JACOBS LADDER – “Scream (Railroad Tracks)” (from the album, Back To Life)
3. OLIVER TROLLEY – “Circles” (from the album, Circles / Appears courtesy of Gas Can Music)
4. CAR PARTY – “Pittsburgh” (from the album, Excuses)
5. ICARUS THE OWL – “She Taught Me Minesweeper” (from the album, Qualia)
6. OH NO FIASCO – “Stand In Lover” (from the album, Oh No Fiasco / Appears courtesy of Fiasco Records)
7. AT OUR EXPENSE – “Love Stories Don’t Come Like This” (from the album, Save The Decade)
8. NO REGIME – “Stand Up For The Weak” (from the album, As The World Implodes)
9. HANDS ON THE STEREO – “Tara” (from the album, Hands On The Stereo)
10. BANQUETS – “Lyndon B. Magic Johnson” (from the album, This Is Our Concern, Dude / Appears courtesy of Black Numbers)
11. THIS DAY WILL TELL – “We Left What’s Left Of Us In A Cloud Of Dust” (from the album, Too True To Be Good / Appears courtesy of Indianola Records)
12. OH, MANHATTEN – “Anti-Davinci” (from the album, Spiritual Warfare / Appears courtesy of Indianola Records)
13. VICES – “Find A Way” (from the album, Thieves & Royalty)
14. IN RETROSPECT – “For I Am King” (single 2011)
15. WITHIN WOLVES – “Biting The Hand That Feeds” (from the album, Within Wolves)
16. EVERY MINUTE CAN KILL – “Purpose” (single 2011)
17. DISMEMBER THE FALLEN – “Overcoming Reality” (from the album, Dismember the Fallen)
18. BURN THE WEAK – “Praying For Savior” (from the album, Let The Strong Prosper)
19. FINAL SACRIFICE – “Send Forth Your Hope” (from the album, Aspirations & Endeavors)
20. AUTOMATIC STATIC – “Drag Me Down” (from the album, Friends & Lovers / Appears courtesy of Gas Can Music)
Location: Baltimore, MD
RIYL: Third Eye Blind, I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody’s Business, Abandon Kansas
Since their inception in late 2009, Car Party have proven multiple times already that they have the talent and musicianship to turn heads. With a sound incredibly polished and impressive, expect to hear more and more of them soon enough.
Current Events: The band is currently in the studio recording their new EP, which will be released on vinyl by Persistent Heart Media in August 2011. The album will also be self released on CD by the band.